Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Yellow Eye Tutorial

One thing that I think is really hard for people to get is a yellow eye look due to the fact that yellow's can be so hard to work with. I figured I would do a yellow look to help you out.

What You Will Need


1) Eye Primer
2) Two Shades of Yellow Shadow
3) Brown eye Shadow
4) Lash Primer
5) Mascara
6) Eye liner

How to Get The Look

1) Use primer to prim your eyes by rubbing it onto your lids and up towards your eye brows
2) After your eyes are primed, take the yellow that you want to use as your base yellow and apply it to your eye. You should use your less pigmented yellow for this.
3) Next, you will need to use your more pigmented yellow. Gently PAT this shadow over your yellow base to enhance your color.
4) Finally, apply a nice neutral brown in your crease and gently blend into the yellow. 
5) After you are done with your shadows, prime both your top and bottom eye lashes with lash primer.
6) Apply mascara to your lashes to darken your look.
7) Finally, use a vibrant black eye liner to line your eyes and you are finished! :)

What I Used
I used this Loreal Hip Duo in this look. I used the yellow as my yellow base.
For my darker yellow, I used the yellow on the left. This duo is from Revlon.
For the brown in this look, I used another Loreal Hip Duo, called "Brazen"



The Final Look



This look is much brighter in person but this is the best that I could do with my camera. Please excuse my horrible brows, I was in the process of growing them out. 








No comments:

Post a Comment