Monday, January 3, 2011

Beware of Cheap Makeup

I for one know how expensive makeup can be. The prestige brands can be out of many people price range. Although there are some nice in-expensive brands out there (Rimmel and Maybelline being two of my favorites), I would not advise investing in a color workshop pallet. In the past, I have had "okay" results with their individual eye shadows. Unfortunately, my color workshop pallet is a huge let down (not that I had had high expectations to begin with.)



I received this pallet as a gift a while back and was pleased with what I saw. A pallet large pallet with many colors is exactly what I love. I was even pleased that the colors appeared to be very vibrant and pigmented.As I have learned, looks can be deceiving.


The colors are not pigmented well at all (see above.) To achieve what you see, I applied way more color than I would of liked and it is still very hard to distinguish the colors from one another. The darker neutral  shades do show up but the colors are not true to what you see in the pallet. Also, the dark green and blue are barely visible at all. 

Obviously, I would not recommended a color workshop pallet to anyone. I probably will never use mine although I don't want to just throw it out. If you are broke, and desperately need makeup I would possibly try their eye shadow duos and not the pallet. I have noticed that lots of brands seem to have lower quality pallets because they try to fit too many colors in but their regular eye shadows should be okay (review coming soon)

I hope that this helps you!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment