Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dieting 101 - 5 Simple Tips to Help YOU Lose

I figure that a lot of people have dieting issues, just like I do and I figured I would share a few simple tips that have worked for me both in the past and present.

1- Eat Healthy

How do you eat healthy?

- Before going to the grocery store, make a list. Make sure you are very detailed in what you will be getting and stick to the list. (If you have trouble with this, I would only suggest bringing a certain amount of money with you) Also, do not over buy. The more food you have, the more you will want to eat. 

What can I eat that is healthy?

-If you like to cook (which I do not), you should buy lots of lean meats/fruits/veggies. If you are a cook, I would suggest purchasing a cook book or looking online for yummy recipes. 

-If you do not like to cook, do what I do. Buy Lean Cuisine or Smart one meals. Fruit, yogurt,veggies, and cereal are also nice to have. Either way you should have lots of protein and try to stay away from bread even though its so yummy.

2 - Set Goals

- In order to lose weight, you need to have goals. You can have a weekly goal or even a long term goal. For example, I have decided that I want to lose AT LEAST 6lbs by March. Having a goal helps you see the progress that you are making ( I have already lost about 1.b lbs in just a few days)

3 - Don't Limit Yourself

- Your diet will never succeed if you limit yourself too much. You will be starved/bored within a week and give up.  I am a junk food addict and what I usually do is buy one unhealthy meal and one unhealthy snack when I go to the store. If, for the week, most of your meals are healthy and well balanced, it is okay to have a unhealthy meal. 

4 - Know Your Limits

- Don't believe the doctor's charts, every body has their own limit. Once you reach your limit, it will be harder and harder for you lose. It is hardest for people who are not fat and only want to lose a few IBS. If you are having trouble losing, try mixing up what you are eating. As your body adjusts and gets used to what you are consuming it'll be harder for you to lose.

5 - DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! 

- This is the most important role to dieting. You must eat! If you cut back your food too much, you will lose weight but you will never be able to keep it off unless you continue to starve yourself. Even on a diet, you should have three meals a day, plus snacks! Two snacks a day should be sufficient but three is just fine as well.You will feel hungry at first but as long as you are eating, you will be just fine.

** If you can't eat that much a day, don't stress over it. I know I shouldn't say this but I usually do not eat that much a day but that is due to my work schedule. I usually get off at such a time that the meal that I eat is a lunch/dinner and I am not often able to snack at work.**

No comments:

Post a Comment