Monday, January 17, 2011

How To Improve Your Beauty Collection

When it comes to your make up collection, both quality and quantity do matter.

These simple tips will hopefully help you improve on your collection.

1) RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH

- Weather you are interested in a product that just came out or just wanting to try something new, it is very important to research. The easiest ways to research are too look up products on a make-up site (sephora.com or ulta.com) or you can also Google them on you-tube if you wish. I never go to the store to make a purchase without doing my research first.

2) CLEARANCE 

- Even if you aren't on a strict budget, it is also a good idea to check out clearance make-up when at the store. Target usually offers pretty good clearance but I have to say that Ulta has the best clearance selection overall. Stores like Ulta are constantly changing their products and therefore, they are always doing markdowns. I have gotten some of my favorite items from Clearance. When looking in clearance, please try to avoid going crazy like I have done in the past. What I like to do is put everything I like into my basket and then once I am done, I will decide how much I want to buy and sort through my basket to eliminate stuff that isn't all that great.

3) STOCK UP

-Personally I always like to stock up when stores are having sales or a good clearance. Be sure to only stock up on things that you know you will use (foundation,powder,blush, concealer). Products can be several years old and still be okay to be used as long as they are not opened. If you stock up on good deals, you will have more money to buy the products you want to try (eyeshadow, eyeliner, lip gloss, etc) 

4) MAKE FREQUENT PURCHASES


-If you can't tell, I like to purchase a lot of new products. Having a new product that works well can do wonders for your look. You should figure out how often you would like to go shopping. For me, I like to go about 2x-3x a month. I go when I have a Ulta coupon and only end up spending about $8 each time. This may not sound like much but I do get a lot for my money.


5) SAVE!

- I don't care how you do it, but you need to save your money. You can choose to set a side a certain amount a money or just hold on to your loose change like I do. Even saving your pennies adds up (trust me!) For the past week, I made it a goal to save all of my tip/change money just to see how much I got. I had almost $40 which would last me quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment