Saturday, January 22, 2011

True Grit Movie Review


There have been many mixed reviews over this movie by critics and viewers a like.

I was a bit skeptical to see this because of that, but who can say no to a free movie?

I saw this movie with my boyfriend a few days ago.

I am a big movie buff and will watch about any movie there is. I would not usually go to the theater to see a western though. I used to go to the movies once a week but now I just go if there is something I can't live without seeing.

True Grit was a good movie (even for a western.) It was full of action that keep you entertained and I loved the character of Mattie Ross. They kept referring to her as ugly in the movie but I don't think she is ugly at all.

Although this was I movie that I enjoyed, I can understand the mixed reviews. The movie was much different than I expected. The trailer "suggests" certain things that never come to play in the actual film. In addition, this movie ended VERY abruptly (which is another complaint most people have)

Even though this movie has it's downfalls, it was still enjoyable to watch. If you have the money, I would definitly suggest that you can and see it or you can just wait until it is available to rent. Either way, you should still check it out :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment