Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sinful Colors Nail Polish - Yay or Nay?

For Christmas, I received four bottles of "Sinful Colors" nail polish from my grandma that I definitely love. I got a lime green, bright red, dark blue, and blue sparkles. My two favorite colors are shown below.


For my nails this week, I used two of the polishes ( pictured above) together to create a wonderful look.



The dark blue polish is called "Hot Spot." I love this color. Sadly, its hard to see the true blue of it in the picture. I used two coats of "Hot Spot" and then I did two coats of the glitter called "Hottie" over that. 


The big upside to the brand is that it is very affordable. You can get polishes for as cheap as $1.99 at Target, Walgreen's or Alberston's. The polish wears like any other polishes I have used. You will have color chipping, but that is expected. The down side to this brand is that with all of the polishes I have used by them, I have experienced "peeling." One minute my nails will be perfect (without any chips or wear) and the next minute the entire nail will peel off.  I actually do not mind peeling too much because it is much easier for me to simply re-do the nail vs. a touch up. I can see how some people would be annoyed by this though.

Overall, I would recommend this brand/product  a "yay". I have some of their older polishes but their new formula is definitely improved. The positive outweighs the negative.  Also, the colors can be amazing (see below)








No comments:

Post a Comment